Agency Department of Health Work Unit Public Health Care Outreach Team
Job Title Clinical Midwife/Nurse Educator Designation Nurse 4
Job Type Full Time Duration Fixed to 29/06/2018
$96,682 – $103,870 Nhulunbuy
Position Number 5496 RTF 120345 Closing 09/07/2017
Contact Amanda Harneiss on 08 8987 0539 or Amanda.email@example.com
Agency Information http://www.health.nt.gov.au/
Information for Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and an attached detailed
Applicants resume/cv. For further information for applicants and example applications: click here
If you accept this position, a detailed summary of your merit (including work history, experience,
qualifications, skills, information from referees, etc.) will be provided to other applicants, to ensure
transparency and better understanding of the reasons for the decision. For further information: click
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce which is representative of the community we
serve. Therefore under an approved Special Measures recruitment plan, ATSI applicants will be given
priority consideration and preference in selection for this vacancy if they meet all essential selection
criteria and are suitable at the position level. For further information: click here
Apply Online Link
As a member of the Primary Health Care Outreach Team work collaboratively with community stakeholders and health
service providers to ensure high quality best practice comprehensive maternal and women’s health services for women
living in Top End remote communities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Improve maternal and women’s health by building and maintaining the capacity of primary health care staff in the
delivery of comprehensive and culturally safe midwifery and women’s health services
2. Orientate, mentor and support the ongoing professional development of primary health care practitioners in the delivery
of women’s health and maternity care in remote communities; provide clinical expertise, education and advice for client
care and make recommendations for change based on data analysis and evidence-based practice
3. Facilitate, promote and provide training for accreditation in delivery of women’s health services for primary health care
nurses and midwives to meet Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority requirements including delivery and
assessment of the Well Women’s Health Unit in collaboration with Family Planning Welfare, NT
4. Provide health promotion and education on maternal and women’s health that covers the continuum of the lifespan, to
women and their families, engaging in partnerships with key stakeholders
5. Participate in the review of best practice guidelines, Continuous Quality Improvement and Aboriginal Health Key
6. Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being
undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces
1. Degree in Nursing and Midwifery, with current registration as a Registered Nurse and Midwife with the Australian Health
Practitioners Regulation Authority .
2. Hold post graduate qualifications in midwifery or nursing, and relevant qualifications in women’s health, education, sexual
health and workplace assessment and training.
3. Extensive knowledge and experience in clinical midwifery and women’s health and understanding of development and
review process of clinical practice guidelines.
4. Knowledge of Aboriginal maternal and women’s health needs and remote primary health care nursing practice.
5. Demonstrated experience in development and delivery of education and training to strengthen and sustain a culture of
6. Proven leadership ability and high level communication skills to effectively engage with a range of stakeholders in the
remote primary health care setting.
7. Hold a current NT manual driver’s licence or the ability to obtain, willingness and ability to be able to travel to remote
Indigenous communities by four wheel drive or light aircraft and stay in the community for several days at a time as
Further Information: Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on
Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site. The preferred or recommended applicant will be
required to hold a current working with children clearance notice and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will
not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is relevant to the position.
Approved: 16/2/2017 Amanda Harneiss A/ District Manager EAN
True Job offers you one opportunity to find best suitable jobs and employers find best candidates. We at True Job help you to connect both employee and employer bringing them to a single platform. We offer you high quality and value-driven approach to job seekers and clients looking to prosper in this high-growth region, We would be able to deliver on executive assignments, technical management requirements and project staffing needs.
True Job offers you to find best jobs in Australia, for Employers we help you to find best candidates for your Job.