- full-time position
- based in Darwin, NT
- extensive interstate travel
- build community networks at the coal face
- have a direct impact on saving lives
About usWesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the programThe Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Networks project is an exciting initiative which focuses on supporting suicide prevention activities through a collaborative and strategic community approach. We are currently expanding this initiative nationally through additional government support.
About the roleThis role is all about getting out into the community establishing and building networks of committed local people who care about preventing suicide.
Through your initiative, force of personality, and passion, you will build relationships, facilitate meetings and support the implementation of local activities to help prevent suicide in locations across Australia.
You may have previous experience in understanding rural communities, community development or engagement programs, social work or public health.
This position requires frequent intrastate and interstate travel.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- knowledge and experience of community development and participatory development practice
- proven ability to engage and develop effective relationships with government and non-government agencies and to the broader community
- effective report writing skills
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- excellent organisational skills
- an understanding of group processes
- experience in facilitating meetings
- a current Driver Licence
- an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities
- cultural awareness and sensitivity
- understanding of Governance
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Closing dateFriday 7 July 2017
Apply nowPlease find a copy of the Position Description below.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
True Job offers you one opportunity to find best suitable jobs and employers find best candidates. We at True Job help you to connect both employee and employer bringing them to a single platform. We offer you high quality and value-driven approach to job seekers and clients looking to prosper in this high-growth region, We would be able to deliver on executive assignments, technical management requirements and project staffing needs.
True Job offers you to find best jobs in Australia, for Employers we help you to find best candidates for your Job.